Style influences...

Considering the slight change within my blog I've been wondering whether I should post my style influences. After a lot of thought I decided that I would do so hence this blog, obviously. I'm going to list my top five favourite style icons (if you so wish) of today, and the reason why I like them so much. (The list is in no particular order.)

These tend to be people that I pull ideas from, whom I think know how to wear clothes, no let the clothes wear them.

1 - Lauren Conrad
2 - Ashley Olsen
3 - Vanessa Hudgens
4 - Rachel Bilson
5 - Zooey Deschanel

*

Lauren Conrad


The reason behind Lauren Conrad is one of my many favourite style icons is that I feel that she doesn't really have a style. She can be in dresses, leggings, jeans, and wear them all. She isn't afraid to wear colour be it in her clothes or her makeup. Her hair is to die for, her infamous "Lauren Conrad" plait being proof of this, and I won't be the first to admit that I have too worn that particular hairstyle.

Ashley Olsen

Out of the two sisters I always favoured Ashley the most. I was never one to find the boho chic that appealing and Ashley out of the two girls is more conservative. However recently I've seen her mix the two of them together, which works very well and something that I hope to try in the near future. Ashley always looks beautiful whether she's wearing a flowing dress or opting for Armani black blazers and jeans. She always adds her own twist to her clothes by throwing together two polar opposites as I previously mentioned, jeans and a sophisticated jacket from a highly praised and respected designer. She is definitely one of the girls who wears the clothes she is given, they don't wear her.

Vanessa Hudgens

What I adore about Vanessa Hudgens is one minute she can dress like a teenage girl, throwing items together subconsciously and making them work and then next she can look like the sophisticated 21 year old that she is. Being younger than her this is why she is one of my favourite fashion icons because she makes herself appeal to so many audiences out there. The above image anchors this with the sophisticated black catsuit, with platforms appealing to and older generation, whilst the suede almost biker/rocker jacket appeals and targets to her much younger audience. Therefore this proves that Vanessa in my opinion knows her style and is one of the many reasons why I like her.

Rachel Bilson


She's girly and I love it. Rachel Bilson knows how to dress her petite shape and it shows, whether she's wearing short dresses, or rolling jeans up towards the end and pairing them with cute red flat shoes. Instead of listening to what is in fashion and being swamped by layers of maxi dress fabric just because they are "in". Rachel Bilson is the definition of conservative boho chic in my opinion and this is definitely one of the many reasons why I love her. Throughout her fashion she doesn't try to dress older, she plays on her cute small look and this works making her one of my favourite style icons.

Zooey Deschanel


Like Rachel she's girly and I love it. Zooey Deschanel is very 50s/60s structure clothing and harsh yet soft fringe showing this. Bone fitted tops and flowy skirts with polker dot patterns galore when it comes to Zooey's style. What I love about Zooey is she doesn't conform to what is in fashion, she takes what ever is featured on the catwalk and adds her own twist to it. She knows how to dress her body which most definitely shows when she exhumes confidence whilst wearing clothes.

0 comments: