Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream - The Original

Product bought from Debenhams

Without a doubt this is definite cult product. Elizabeth Arden is one of those muti-purpose items that just doesn't fail you no matter what. For quite sometime I was suffering from dry lips and skin at the corners of my lips and finally caved in and bought some of this to tackle the problem after my beloved Vaseline just was not working anymore. Of course it worked a treat and I just have to write my happiness and thoughts into a review post - even though there are no doubt tons and tons of these already out there on the internet and in the blogging community.

I want to talk about the consistency and what the actual product looks like. I have to say when I first used this product I was little bit grossed out because it reminded me of ear wax with both its look and consistency. Of course with that thought in my mind I wasn't that excited about putting on it my lips but I perceived and I am so glad that I did because the results really are worth it! I tend to apply this over night and leave it on my lips - usually no more than a little squeeze (I used my little finger to apply it as the smallest amount of this product really does go a long way, especially when you only need to cover a small area such as the lips). The cream is golden yellow toned and is thick in consistency - quite sticky too but not in way that you are left with a horrible residue look or feeling. Every morning after application my lips look as good as new - I usually apply it one or twice a week because if I keep up with Vaseline applications throughout the days in between I am perfectly okay.

A quick tip to avoid foundation lips also is to apply this when you are applying your foundation swipe a small amount of this over your lips and if any foundation makes its way to your lips it can easily be wiped away with a cotton bud. Not only are you avoiding what I think is a horrible look but also moisturising and prepping your lips for you lip product application.

Without a doubt this is worth the money that you pay for it and I know now that this is a product that I cannot be without! Definitely check it out if you are a Elizabeth Arden virgin - it really will make you think how did you manage without it before.

0 comments: