holiday shop 2011.

I am going to Ibiza this year with a bunch of my friends so I decided to three outfits that I want to be in my wardrobe this summer. Some of these I have already purchased and some I may do so.


Being body conscious I decided to for black. Whilst I maybe sweltering I think you can never go wrong with a classic swimsuit that is timeless yet chic with the youthful balance of frill. I like how the kaftan itself doesn't actually like one which means this piece could easily be thrown over trousers and just be played off as a t-shirt. I have to say that the bag is my favourite piece from this outfit. The fact that it is a holdall means that you can shove pretty much anything in it be it a book, shoes or a maxi dress and you're good to go for a day at the beach. I like the idea of carrying a lot of stuff when I'm holiday because you tend to travel every where so something like this is perfect.


When it comes to casual outfits whilst on holiday I immediately thought of festival fashion and chic. The idea of pulling on a pair of shorts, pretty top and sandals can never fail in the sun. Effortless, casual, yet you can make it fun to whatever you want it to be. This is why I've thrown in a straw hat in there. This outfit could definitely be worn to a festival, but maybe make sure to swap the shoes for wellies else you'll be in trouble! Haha! Topshop have some great blouse shirts that look great thrown over jeans for that causal yet smart look, and thrown together with classic tortoise wayfarers screams Rachel Bilson, eat your heart out!


The choice of colour and dress is fitting both for the end of the holiday when you've got your amazing glowing tan and for the fashion block colour trend. I adore the colour of this dress even though orange isn't one of my favourites, but it is the added detail of high neck and pleated fabric that draws me to it even more. I know this dress will look great on even if you've only just thrown it on and that is definitely something you need when on holiday. And when teamed with tan wedges and gold jewellery you are definitely onto a winner.

0 comments: