wednesday wants #8 - the little denim dress

Denim is one of those things that never really goes out of fashion. With the whole revival of 70s fashion in full swing enter the denim dress. The last time I personally wore one of these, I must have been no older than eight, and more than ten years later the item is back with a vengeance. The dress I'm style this week is this one from Miss Selfridge.


1. Miss Selfridge Denim Placket Dungaree Dress £36
2. River Island White Boyfriend Shirt £21.99
3. RIver Island Black Leather Faux Crocodile Print Bag £39.99
4. River Island Black Ballerina Jelly Pumps £14.99
5. Topshop Stone Encased Stud £4
6. RIver Island Grey Ruffle Ankle Socks £3.99


When I styled outfit one I knew straight away what I was going for and that's Alexa Chung. You'd have to be blind to think otherwise considering this outfit screams all her. It's classic style with an edgy twist which I personally love. By throwing structured items of a blouse and monochrome you have something that works wonders against the blue of denim without look too school girl.



1. Miss Selfridge Denim Placket Dungaree Dress £36
2. Miss Selfridge Rust Kimono Sleeve Cardi £42
3. Miss Selfridge Yellow Leather Satchel £22
4. Miss Selfridge JAKE Tan Leather Moccasin £32
5. Miss Selfridge Gold Teardrop Pendant £14


Sometimes keeping it simple works. A denim dress is basically an outfit on its own and by sticking a classic coloured cardigan which can be pair with even more classic colours of gold and tan you're onto a winner. I have to say I really like this satchel, it's definitely the stand out piece for me on this outfit, contrasting perfectly with the maroon and complimenting the tan with the detail edging to match.



1. Miss Selfridge Denim Placket Dungaree Dress £36
2. Topshop Green Picnic Check Roll Sleeve Western Shirt £28.50
3. River Island Light Brown Western Ankle Boots £64.99
4. Miss Selfridge Loops On Slinky Bracelet £7.50
5. Topshop Natural Straw Plaited Trilby £22


Outfit three is my take on western chick, its up to you whether you want to be a rebel one by wearing the shirt outside the dress or underneath to be a goodie two shoes. Immediately when I think denim I think checked shirt so I had to throw one into the mix somewhere and here it is. Stick a pair of cowboy-esc boots and you're good to go!


0 comments: