wednesday wants #8 - the white t-shirt

Considered a staple in anyones wardrobe, the white t-shirt is something that can easily be thrown on and often look effortlessly chic. With summer upon us, long should be gone the drab black of autumn/winter and out pops the colour or light neutral palette. Little tip: make sure when wearing this shirt that underwear is nude/skin colour. A common mistake amongst those of us out there is to wear white underwear but this is not the case - we don't want a case of flashing. A big no-no!


1. Topshop WHITE ROLL SLEEVE FLECKED TEE £15
2. Topshop CORAL ZIP SIDE CHINOS £38
3. Topshop GAMBLE2 TAUPE SUEDE SLINGBACK PLATFORM SANDALS £65
4. Topshop SCALLOPED SUEDE CLUTCH BAG £48
5. Topshop SEMI PRECIOUS CHUNK RING £12.50
6. Topshop IRREGULAR SQUARE STUDS £5


I have to say outfit #1 is a look that I adore and by far my favourite. It's so simple yet so chic that it look effortless. By breaking up the t-shirt with colour you don't look too boring whilst staying on trend with classic items. The scalloped clutch bag is definitely something I am going to treat myself too, I like it so much! I just don't know what colour, probably play it safe with a nude colour for the summer. The reason I was so not money conscious when styling this outfit is because all the pieces are ones that can easily be tucked back into your wardrobe and never really go out of fashion. A good pair of trousers is something that one always needs in their closet and playing safe with black isn't always the way forward.


1. Topshop WHITE ROLL SLEEVE FLECKED TEE £15
2. H&M Maxi Skirt £12.99
3. Topshop HIPPO MULTI SWIRL SANDAL£28
4. Topshop BLACK LEATHER FRINGED BACKPACK £80
5. Topshop NATURAL CUT OUT FLOPPY HAT £22
6. Topshop BLACK ROUNDED FLAT TOP SUNGLASSES £18


H&M are perfect for finding items that are bang on trend but are friendly to the purse and pounds. Outfit two I can definitely see a holiday outfit, thrown on in morning and easily worn whilst checking out some sights. I am so tempted to get a maxi-skirt myself, I have quite a few maxi-dresses but for me skirts are so much more versatile in that you can get away with wearing them more than once. By slipping on a straw hat and pair of sunglasses you're set for the day!


1. Topshop WHITE ROLL SLEEVE FLECKED TEE £15
2. Topshop MULTI BLOCK STRIPE BLAZER £65
3. Topshop MOTO VINTAGE WASH TWISTED SEAM BOYFRIEND JEANS £40
4. Miss Selfridge MAMBO WHITE LEATHER LACE UP £32
5. Miss Selfridge LINKED BAR BRACELET £16.50


When styling outfit #3 the look I was going for was boyfriend with a twist. By tailoring against the looser fitted jean you are getting a balance of top and bottom, contrasting yet fitting each other perfectly. This outfit to me is ideal for a lunch date, dressed up without being to OTT. By keeping jewellery simple, the key piece here, which is obviously the jacket, gets it time to shine and does so with sitting perfectly against it's neutral white.

0 comments: