sunday snap #39.


i took this pic before i went to ibiza, i promise i am a lot tanner


#1. I've been planning on camping with my friends somewhere later on in the year, or glamping for those Essex fans. Since we got back from Ibiza we have become so much stronger as a group which I'm surpirsed to say. I know that sounds sad but before we went away on holiday there were unspoken about issues but I really think that week away has made everyone grow up and know that it is okay to actually confront each other about this. Communication was seriously lacking in our group before now, but that has changed dramatically and I'm so glad that it has! We've all been friends for almost 10 years, knowing each other since way back in Year 7 at high school - that's an achievement itself - and to lose that friendship because of tittle tattle would have been a shame. I'm so glad it didn't happen! Anyway, if anyone can let us know some great sites, then drop me a comment or a message because I'm looking forward to it!

#2. I went to see Harry Potter this week with my Mom and I have to say it's really sad how the whole thing has come to an end. My entire childhood was Harry Potter and the books... My Mom would buy me the children's covers and the adult covers and now when I look back I laugh slightly because at the time I didn't really appreciate it... It's the end of an era. When I was watching the final premiere I actually cried when Emma Watson spoke her speech. I just think what's going to fill in that gap now because really Twilight doesn't even come close!

#3. Deactivating Facebook, good idea/bad idea? When I was away in Ibiza I was literally without my iPhone, something that I thought I could never really do but I did it. I was away from a computer and more importantly Facebook. Facebook really is the thing that causes drama between friends, with indirect status and comments it can be incredibly horrible. Sometimes I think I really don't have time for it, life is about enjoying experiences, making the most of what you have and driving for more and petty comments are just for kids. Ironic really considering you have to be an adult to sign up for an account.

#4. I've been reading The Virgin Lover by Philippa Gregory this week and I have to say I really love the story, so much so that I haven't been able to put it down and I've virtually finished the book. This summer I set myself some goals, or should I say this year rather, one of them was to up the amount of books that I read. As a media student I think that my range of vocab always needs to be pushed and what better way to improve than through reading? I wanted to read at least fifteen books this year and so far I've read six or something like that and we're more than half way through the year... I'm just going to keep going and hopefully get to my target. Anyway, the book is awesome, and I find myself loving it even more so because The Tudors are one of, if not my favourite, period of history.

#5. I'm actually quite shocked at how filled my sunday snap is this week... The amount that I have written is a lot more than I usually do... Most of the time posts on sunday are boring or filled with 'me, me, me' content. Since I've gotten back from Ibiza I've been trying to fill my time because I want to go back there so much so I'm trying to busy myself... Expect more posts like this, hopefully anyway.

0 comments: