Eau Thermal Avene Water Spray


eau thermal avene water spray available at boots (here) for £6.50
 
Due to the heat wave that has currently been thrust upon us here in good ol' blighty I thought I would invest in something that would 'fix' my make up in place and help it last longer, rather than melting away in the sun. *Just a little note: I rarely wear makeup in the day - sunny or not - this product is something I wanted to test for nights out, or when I fancied wearing makeup in the day*

 I have to say that this product has had me interested for quite some time. This has a lot to do with the face that it is actually so multi-purpose. The product itself is specifically targetted at sensitive, hypersensitive, allergic and irritated skin. You just spray this onto the skin and its comes out in a light mist that is considerably soothing. It can be used for the following: "sunburn, after anti-acne treatments, nappy rash, razor burn/hair removal" as well as after cleansing, for setting makeup (which I originally bought this product for) and as a general refreshing spray. With this in mind I'd say it was something to definitely invest in, especially for the summer months.

Upon using this product I did love it. Without a doubt it is something that I will buy again when I have finished my initial purchase. Like most people no doubt I caught a bit of sun over the weekend and got a little bit sun burnt on my shoulders - this eased the soreness of that immediately. I would say that it is slightly better than rubbing after sun into the skin as you aren't actually touching the already irritated skin.

As a makeup setting and refreshing I would say that whilst it works really well, it isn't the best. It does get rid of any cakeyness of foundation and achieves a glowy look - but sometimes if you are heavy handed it almost unsets your makeup a little causing it to slide or crease slightly.
 
However, overall I would say that this product is one of those that is essential, especially for summer. Smaller versions are also available.

0 comments: