Tresemme Instant Refresh.


I have to say that this product has been a lifesaver for me this week. I am currently having to commute to a placement and the hours are really long (I am LOVING it though!) and the early hours plus my hair aren't really the greatest of combinations. 

Before I start any review of sort, I just want to point out my hair is by no means oily. This product was actually something that my Mum picked up for me in her weekly shop, so I had to make do haha! However, on saying that this product is brilliant. Unlike the popular Batiste (which I do use a lot of the time) this product does not leave any white residue in the hair considering it is a transparent formula.

Tresemme's description of this product is as goes: "transform limp, lifeless locks into healthy, full-bodied hair when you skip shampoo. The Mineral Clay and Citrus formula removes oil and odor that weighs hair down, so you can have instant salon-quality volume without a drop of water." The Volumizing Dry Shampoo contains mineral clay (which seeks out and absorbs oil, injecting hair with instant salon-gorgeous volume), and citrus extracts (eliminates odor, infusing hair with a fresh, clean scent).

I tended to use this product the day after I washed my hair, and the day after that when I didn't have time to wash my hair due to my commute. On average I was using this product three to four times a week. I found that it did inject some sort of volume to my hair to begin with, giving extra body to the root. 

The product comes in an aerosol can, which requires shaking before you can dispense it. It is recommended that you lift sections of hair at the roots, and spray in short bursts about 8-12 inches from the head. After finishing this routine all over your head, you're supposed to let the shampoo sit for 1-2 minutes before brushing/combing out. For best use, TRESemme recommends shaking the can in between bursts of product. 

What I can only describe as a typical tresemme shampoo smell lingers in the hair, it is a noticeable citrus-y smell. It is not overpowering but it adds a fresh scent to your hair adding to the look of washed hair. At first I wasn't a fan of this scent but it definitely grew on me as the days and use went by.

Something that can be quite irratating about the product is how sometimes it is hit and miss with the look that you can achieve with the product. Sometimes your hair can look volumous, clean and ready for the day where as sometimes the product appears to not do anything at all.


Yet, for the most part, this product is decent. It's affordable and does what it's supposed to do. I don't think it is groundbreaking, neither do I think that it is the world worst shampoo. Compared to Batiste I would most likely choose this considering of its transparency which for me seem to the be the deal breaker.


0 comments: