sunday snap #76.



#1. Well here we have long awaited Sunday Snap post! I know I said I would side step away from blogging for a little bit, but I couldn't do ti completely. Anyway my week has been packed out of good stuff so I decided that I need to do a little catch up post this week... And to be honest, it is great to be back doing these!

#2. I started my work placement this week at a local news company in the area where I live. I have to say it has been a great insight so far! Really been loving what they have been throwing at me. At first I was finding it a little difficult to throw away my inhibitions, but I stepped out of my comfort zone (meaning I not only completed one, but two of my goals for this year!) So far I've been part of two live broadcasts, the creation of two stories that have gone out of the news. I've drafted online work that has been sent away for further editing by actual workers. It's nice to think that I can contribute in some way to the big machine of the news.  Also, I have planned and written several PR/NR for future stories that are in the pipeline and are possible bulletins! It's all very exciting and I definitely would like to work in this environment - it's hard work but when it all comes together it is rewarding and exhilarating at the same time! The experience has given me a lot of think about, and I have definitely learnt a lot of valuable things, and had a valuable insight into a newsroom environment. It has taught me to just go for it because you never know, don't let anything hold you back, confidence, knowledge, believe in yourself - because if you don't, no one will!

#3. I'm going to be turning my focus to driving now considering it is a huge element that I need to be able to do in order to further myself in my career path. To think that I'm 21 this year and cannot drive, its actually rather embarrassing. Fingers crossed that I take to it quite easily because I would like to be able to pass early next year or something (as long as I'm passed, near passing before my last year of uni is done then I will be happy!)

#4. Planning on getting back into working out. I have ordered my cross trainer and am gonna go HARD. Go hard or go home and all that jazz. All this lack of training is making me feel extremely bloated out, plus with everything being switched around out of my routine I just feel terrible. Hopefully, I can pick myself up before next week! I don't want to be fatiguing half way through my plans... Haha!

#5. To roundup on something like, 7 days until I go and see Westlife! Don't think I will do a roundup next week as I will be at the concert at this time.... Unfortunately, or maybe not so unfortunately! I have sneaked a look at the set list and I have to say I'm really excited, even more so because they are singing one of my favourites (if not my big big favourite of their's even if it didn't chart that well) Bop, Bop, Baby!


0 comments: