Andrew Barton 'Frizz Tamer' Range: Shampoo and Mask


Andrew Barton 'The Frizz Tamer' Salon Smooth Shampoo £4.00(*)
Andrew Barton 'The Frizz Tamer' Tame It Mask £4.00(*)

Andrew Barton to me is a name synonymous with hair care and products. I have only ever heard and found great things about his products, so when I was offered to try some of his Frizz Tamer range that is exclusive to Asda I knew that I couldn't pass it up. 

I have most impossible hair in the world. Not only is it ridiculously thick, wavy and course but the majority of it is damaged from constant straightening that took place whilst in my early teen years. Therefore I'm always on the lookout for products that can give me a sleeker look without having to constantly apply heat with straightening (as this can only make my already naturally frizzy thickness worse in the long run). It is always a bonus if these products give intense condition without adding weight to my hair. In my opinion there is nothing worse than treating your hair to achieve sleek look only to have it feel greasy and oily straight because the products used are so heavy.

Straight away I fell in love with these products because they achieved a smoother feel and look to my hair without making it appear weighed down with product. 'The Frizz Tamer' shampoo kicked off the process incredibly well. A little really does go a long way with this product. Unlike most shampoos it didn't feel too creamy but thick enough so that it did a good job in leaving my hair squeaky cleaning (literally), fresh and free from any unnecessary product build-up. As a shampoo goes I would definitely repurchase this with my own money without a second thought.

The product that I really wanted to try was 'The Frizz Tamer' Mask. Conditioning for me is definitely the most important part of the process in taking care of your hair. I like something that I can place onto my head, leave and then wash away with the knowledge that my hair will look in incredible condition after such an easy process. I followed the instructions on the back and applied an almond size amount of this product onto the length and ends of my hair to give a deeper condition to my hair than usual and left for three minutes. Personally what I looked for in a good conditioning mask is something that is of fairly thick consistency that can stay on my hair without slipping and dripping off. Whilst this product was thick, it's staying power wasn't the best - however a way in which to eradicate this is to make sure that the majority of the water used to wash away your previous shampooing process is gone. Once I did, I found that this product stayed put for a lot longer. Regardless of this tiny negative the end results were great. My hair felt a lot smoother than it does after a normal conditioning process and looked a lot sleeker and healthier - it's definitely worth a try just to give your hair that little extra something.

I adore about these products has to be the smell - it's warm and lovely spicy scent! I can't stop smelling my hair! I even tweeted about it!

Another thing I want to note is that I allowed my hair to dry naturally after using these products. I gave my hair a light brush through and noticed that at the end of a drying process my hair was so much smoother than usual. More importantly I want to say it was much more manageable - kinks that are usually and naturally visible in my hair weren't present as much in an messy but in more of a sleeker, healthier way. My hair felt a lot less weight down too!

My overall opinion is that I would definitely recommend this product. Whilst I think results would be better on those with finer hair, those with naturally thicker hair shouldn't turn a blind eye to this collection. The products are great value for money, at £4 you get a lot for you pennies as they come in fairly large quantites. I can definitely see myself turning to more of Andrew Barton's range in the future once more - to be honest I don't even know why I stopped using his products in the first place!

0 comments: