Nivea Rich Nourishing Body Moisturiser For Dry Skin Review





nivea rich nourishing body moisturiser for dry skin £1.78 at boots

Body moisturising is definitely the weakest part of my beauty regime's that I keep up. I find the whole process of applying lotions and potions to my entire body boring, annoying etc... Basically it's something that if I can skip, I will. However, I don't exactly have the skin that can be skipped. Both my arms and legs have incredibly dry skin (a type of Keratosis pilaris) - the type that looks like constant goosebumps. Therefore skipping on moisturising really isn't and shouldn't be an option.


Recently I wanted to change the way I thought about my skin. Since I have turned twenty and my youth is slowly deteriorating I have decided that I need to take care of skin, that and I also wanted to try some fake tan. So, my moisturising regime that was previously non-existent changed over night.
I'll admit that this purchase was courtesy of my Mother, whom I asked to pick me up a random lotion when she was out doing the family weekly shop. I have to say however that this random, purchase whim, is definitely going to become a regular occurance.

Considering there are a lot of them, I am definitely going to start with the positives of this product. From the cheap price tag I wasn't expecting a lot, then again Nivea and their skincare are quite known to be considered better than other's on the high street. The formulation and consistency of this product was definitely going to be a deal breaker for me. Expecting something thin and almost watery-like (again from the cheap price tag) I was surprised to find that the product has a rich formula that truly does deeply moisturise your body and gives it a healthy glow. It reminded me a lot of suncream and whilst this may not appeal to many of you I liked this aspect of the product. It was soothing and glided onto the skin with ease.

The length of moisture in the product was excellent. It kept my skin smooth and hydrated from application and the morning after I noticed a difference in the finish, nourishment and softness of my skin.

Whilst I love this product there is one negative and this has to be the absorption time of the product into the skin. Unlike previous moisturisers that I have used this product doesn't absorb into your skin very quick, it takes about 30 seconds to a minute for it to completely absorb into your skin. This can get annoyed as the product changes to a film-esc feel over the skin until completely absorbed. However it is something that I can definitely live with as I tend to apply my moisturiser before bed.

0 comments: