fitness friday: food diary roundup #1

*Before I start writing this week's diary roundup, I just want to point out that this is what I eat, what works for me etc... I am quite a fussy eater (haha!) and whilst some of this may not be considerably "healthy" it is what is working for me. For those of you who are unaware I follow the Weight Watchers programme.*


I went into this week with a positive outlook. Monday wasn't that much of a struggle food wise and I honestly believe that this is definitely down to planning. One thing that I like about the Weight Watchers plan is that you can actually eat as long as you understand portion sizes are key to success and actually eating your points you're good to go! White carbs aren't really something that I like to eat but considering we didn't have any brown bread in the house at the time, I had to reach for some of dreaded white bread (I swear it's the devil in food form!). Dinner was my favourite of tuna, cheese and pasta, unfortunately before I had time to photograph it I had chomped up the entire bowlful. A lot of people think that in order to diet you have to step away from "fats" and "carbs", however I still reach for both of them (especially in my final meal of this Monday's food plan) and it's not doing me any harm. However, I have to note that the amount of cheese I use and what pasta I eat (always Wholemeal) significantly changes the "healthy" aspect of the two foods.


After a successful morning run, I probably didn't fuel my body in the best way that I could. In order to improve on this a slice of wholemeal toast would have most likely been greatly appreciated by my body. Once again the odd treat is fine, everything in moderation. For my lunch I threw a packet of two WW (weight watchers) cookies into the mix. They fill any sugar cravings and make you feel less deprived. You may notice that once again any "proper" veg is missing from my diet, I'm not a huge veg lover - I tend to reach for fruits as my five-a-day and have no more than four pieces per day (due to hidden sugars, that naturally are still better for you than sugars found in chocolate etc... but still nonetheless need to be monitored).

Breakfast was repetitive, but porridge is brilliant start for the body. Consisting of slow releasing carbohydrates, it definitely keeps me fuller for longer. I have to say that lunch was my favourite meal of Wednesday. Tuna (in spring water) is considerably low in points on WW and I find it very filling. My plate for lunch felt considerably balanced, protein, carbohydrates (both slow releasing with the wholemeal toast and a bit of rush with some WW Cheese puffs) and fibre (Apple's are incredible for this). As a mid-week pick me up, if you will, I managed to fit a "proper" dessert into my week and hate a mint ice cream (all within my daily points value). Job well done!

Whilst this wasn't the entire amount of food I consumed throughout the week, it gives you a little idea of where my diet is going. I'm choosing slow releasing carbs, lean proteins (tuna, cod, chicken) and minerals through fruits - whilst still having a treat along the way! So far these food choices have helped me lose 10lbs (not including the 23lbs that I lost beforehand).

Until next time, keep tracking and everything in moderation!

0 comments: