Topshop Lipstick in Desert.





Buy the Topshop Makeup Range Here
 
 
As you may know by now I am a girl who loves my neutrals. I rarely reach for makeup other than my main staple of mascara and when I do I like to keep it pretty simple. Recently when I was sorting through my makeup I came across this lipstick and reminded myself as to why I loved it/purchased it to begin with.


Since Topshop makeup came out I have had nothing but good experiences with their items, especially there lipsticks. Therefore I thought I would share my views on my favourite one out of the collection I own.

Desert is a nude colour that sits against skin tones and doesn't wash you out. I have to say the undertones of this lipstick make it quite warm meaning that you aren't left with those god awful foundation looking lips. Application is quite easy, however the texture of the product (on my lips anyway) is not as moisturising as I'm used to (nothing that a bit of Vaseline/Carmex can't sort out) but this could have a lot to do with the matte finish of the lipstick itself. During the time of this lipsticks release the matte look was quite fashionable as showcased in array of things such as nail varnishses and can be considered quite a classic look. Lasting time is quite long for a "lower end" makeup product, however I would keep the product with you for a quick touch up throughout the day (as well as any available lip conditioner you have!).

Pigment wise I find the product is reasonable but it does take some time to cover my considerably pink lips (I would recommend maybe blotting over your lips with concealer, foundation or a nude lip pencil to eradicate any chance of actual lip colour seeping through).

The only qualm I have with the product itself is the packaging. Whilst it is sleek and basic looking I can't help but think that the products would look so much better in a black packaging (the white can get awfully dirty).

Overall I would recommend Topshop makeup for anyone who is on a budget (or isn't) but doesn't want to worry about pigment, quality of the item and the whole "you get what you pay for" etc...

0 comments: