MUA All in One BB Cream.





MUA All in One BB Cream for £4 at Superdrug


BB Creams are something that I have known of for a while. They have always been something that I have wanted to try, yet I have (like most of you reading this may also have done) read the horror stories regarding colouring issues and oompa-loompa tales. As a result I have always been too scared to step into this field of makeup. Also, let's be honest BB Creams sound amazing on paper - the idea of evening out the skin tone, acting a primer of some sort whilst being a foundation/concealer creating a super product almost seems too good to be true!

With summer (and more to the point humidity) upon us wearing foundations and piling product onto my skin is not something that appeals to me. I have yet to find a tinted moistoriser that matches my skin tone entirely so I finally decided to venture into the world of BB Creams. After some research and a look in my local Superdrug I opted for the MUA All in One BB Cream, not only because of positive views I had read but also because of the cheap and reasonable price tag that MUA is known for.

From what I have read this BB Cream is considerably thicker than others of the same label on the market, almost like a normal foundation. However unlike foundation this product does not feel heavy on the skin and blends somewhat effortlessly with a normal foundation brush (I tend to use my Real Techniques Buffing Brush). It glides onto the skin (even though it can feel considerably sticky when first applied to the face) and after a good buff it sits well on the face. The coverage could range from light to medium depending on the amount of product used.

I mix two shades when using, light and medium. I find when applying the product to my skin this gives the best finish - the light is too pale, whereas the medium too dark which is most likely down to my weird skin tone - yet like most things I plod along just fine and work around that because of how much I like what I've found. I have to say that a big round of applause needs to go out to MUA here because the light shade is actually light - unlike some of the other counterparts out there that showcase light shades that give more of an orange look (big no no!). However one downside of this product that I want to note is that the shades are rather limited and many people may find that there isn't anything for them to work with within this range, which is unfortunate as they are rather brilliant.

Overall I think this is a great product - somewhat a lazy foundation. I find that this is something I am most likely to reach for when I don't want to a) put much on my skin and b) mess around with applying a full face. For me this does everything that I want from a concealing product. It evens out my skin tone, covers the redness of my cheeks and hides any blemishes that I may have. It gives a slight dewy finish that can somewhat look slightly greasy (oily skins beware!), however this can of course easily be eradicated with a good (translucent) powder. I think for the price you can't complain and it's definitely worth a try!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

This sounds great! Quite fancy trying it x

Lizz said...

Definitely worth a try! Thanks for the comment :) x