Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick.




rimmel moisture renew lipstick: soft coral 600 - available at boots/superdrug

There are a few drugstore brands that I favour over others and Rimmel is definitely up there as being one of those brands. I'm not usually a fan of wearing anything on my lips - I'm more of a Vaseline/Lipgloss kinda girl.


Lipsticks don't usually appeal to me but lately I have been going through a phase where I love anything and everything coral coloured. It definitely has something to do with it being those summer months.

Anyway, it is because of this coral phase that I picked up this lipstick from Rimmel. The colour is called Soft Coral and that's exactly what it is. The colour transfers as peach-pink nude with a slight orange undertone to it, which I think suits most if not all skin tones. There are slight reflects of sliver that give the lipstick a glittery look, but nothing too prominent. I have to say that for those who have more of a pink lip this colour transfers better if you nude out your lips, with dare I say it, foundation.

Like most Rimmel lip products the packaging is often like Marmite - you love it or hate it. The lipstick comes in a bright, glossy royal purple plastic tube with the Rimmel crown embossed at the top. It feels light and has a young and fun feel to it - however to many the packaging can look pretty cheap sometimes.

Regarding the product itself, Soft Coral has a slightly water texture which allows smooth application. It applies almost like a gloss. When applying, it can feel a bit gritty due to the glitter particles, however you don't always feel this on your lips. The texture, as expected from the glossy feel, isn't drying on the lips however I always prep my lips with a lipbalm before hand just for an easier application. Colour wise it gives a nice, light finish which is buildable (one layer is usually pretty sheer).

Overall, I would repurchase this product as it versatile and suitable for many occasions. You can wear as a sheer, casual look or build up for more of a glam feel. Definitely worth the price tag!

0 comments: