wednesday wants #20 - metallic.

Metallics were a big trend last year and it appears that they are carrying through into SS12. I have to say, personally, I think this is one of those trends that can be hard to pull off unless you want to look like a sweet wrapper. However, when teamed with the right items it can look amazing.

Styling this trend up was hard for me, hence there only being two looks this week. I don't know whether it was because I couldn't find that many items that didn't look cheap on the high street or whether it's because I just can't imagine myself wearing this trend I'm not too sure. Anyway, I hope the ones I have put together give you enough inspiration to bite the bullet and try this trend for yourself!


jeans , top , shoes , bag , watch , earrings


There is not about about it, Look One is a nod towards the Christian Dior catwalk of 2010. By choosing one statement piece this trend doesn't look too full on. These trousers by Topshop are devine. They are one of those items that can be dressed up easily and dressed down if you're feeling daring in the day time. By keeping the palette neutral, and dressing other items in a matching tone of a cream nude not only is the outfit rounded up but you don't look like a sweet wrapper!


dress , clutch , shoes , earrings , ring 1, ring 2


Look Two unlike Look One however was much harder to achieve. I don't know whether this was because I find silver looks tackier next to gold or not, but it proved an easy task. Again by letting the metallic piece be the statement and working around it gives an on trend look without being too in your face. Black, is always great as an accent colour.

0 comments: