topshop liner.





Topshop felt liner.


This Topshop liner is meant to be one of their best selling items so when I received it free with an order I was actually quite excited to use it. Usually I use Rimmel Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner Black and at the point of getting this product remained relgious to this product because it achieved a thick line, not too thick, but enoough to define and give an easy winged look.

It's a shame to say that I still remain religious to my Rimmel product because of the great reviews on the website, but I'm going to tell you why.

There isn't really any control with the product. With a thicker tip you can easily swipe the brush over your eyelid and be done with it, but this pen is so fine that I find errors are easier to notice. The colour isn't, and I quote "Jet" (Black). When applying the actual product to your lid to get the actual colour that is suggested and most likely desired, true black, you have to apply the line several times. And I think this has a lot to do with the actual tip which I prone to drying. Bringing me onto my third flaw, the product drys quickly. As you can see by my picture, the tip of the pen is lighter than the section above it. It's actually quite disappointing considering I haven't ever left this pen without a lid. Surely that isn't supposed to happen.

Overall I find this product quite disappointing. I may have got a "dodgy" one but in getting/buying a product (I pay £5.29 for my Rimmel liner and Topshop retails as £6.50) you expect it to do pretty much what it says on the tin. One positive that I do have to stress is the packaging, even though it can get incredibly mucky with fingerprints and makeup debris the quirky idea of crayon looking writing fits perfectly into the Topshop brand. -Sigh- Looks like back to Rimmel I go.

0 comments: